Being healthy in times like this is essential. COVID-19 isn't a joke and it's serious. Like what the medical professional always says, "Prevention is better than cure" and we really should practice that. Listen to your body and know the prevention and symptoms of the virus. Here are some of the things we need to know about the virus.
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Feeling unwell
If you experience these symptoms, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible. Again, the virus shouldn't be taken lightly as it is deadly.
- Avoid crowded places and stay at home as much as possible. Step out only if necessary
- Frequently was your hands and sanitize all the objects you've been touching the most
- Cover your mouth with flexed elbow when sneezing and coughing to avoid cross contamination and practice social distancing
This virus can be prevented. How? We should make sure to follow all the rules when it comes to distance to avoid the risk. And the most important is to strengthen our immune system. Aside from eating healthy and sleeping well, did you know that exercising can help boost our immune system? Yes, it will!
First things first. Deep motivation is needed especially if you're staying at home due to lockdown and quarantine. You need a good intention of why you're doing it. You need to find a motivation to continue.
- Set proper and realistic goals. Unrealistic goals such as 100 push-ups a day, if you're new to this, won't help. It'll just help you stop and never do it again. Setting proper goals for exercising is needed. Start slow and slowly challenge yourself to be better. This isn't a competition, my friend, this is to help your immunity.
- Positive Thinking. After motivation and realistic goals, being positive is the only way to go. Everyone starts from scratch. From zero, nada, nothing! Nobody became fit overnight but their positivity helped a lot to reach what they have now. Be positive and all will pay off.
- Listen to your body. We're not the same. Some can do heavy workouts, some don't. It depends on your body. It's okay to challenge yourself but listen and feel your body first to avoid unwanted injury.
- Maintaining fitness and choosing the best workout for you. Start light and improve. Choosing the best workout based on your body and needs will help boost your immunity.
Here are some of the exercises you can start with:
- Set yourself a 20-minute exercising session. You don't need heavy equipment or gym membership for this one. If you have stairs, use it! Go up and down, you're good to go! No stairs? Walk around your house... it may sound crazy but it works!
- Watch YouTube videos on how to exercise properly to avoid injuries. YouTube also offers some workout videos you can follow.
- Dance! Dancing is one of the best exercise to boost immunity. It's enjoyable, free, and fat-burning. It'll help step up your workout game too!
- Meditating and Yoga. Not just physical exercise but also mental. It's a win-win.
See? There's a lot of things we can do and it's simple to boost our immune system in times like this.
One more thing... a good workout gear is a must! Be sure to visit Vastitch for fun and comfortable workout leggings made to stand out! Who says you can't wear this at home?
Wear it, snap it, post it, brag it! Take care!